Saturday 4 May 2013

Week 2: Textures and Perspectives

This week's lesson was regarding textures and perspectives. The above-shown picture is 3 different drawings of visual textures. The topmost drawing is one that represents me. If one looks closely enough, you can make out the words of my initials,'wyf'. The second drawing is one that was taken from my surroundings at the time when I was drawing it. This drawing was actually of one of the floor tiles in the room I was in. Last but not least, the third drawing is one of a futuristic/modern creative texture, and as you can see, my drawing is somewhat of the outer space, with its moons and stars, signifying that in the future, man may just be able to explore the far stretches of this reality.

This drawing is one of perspective, which was the other topic which we covered this week. For this particular drawing, my point of sight was in level with the scene before me, which was our school's link bridge. This resulted in a relatively easy perspective drawing, or so to speak; because for an amatuer like me,who had never attempted a perspective drawing, this still proved to be an daunting task for me. Nevertheless, I managed to finish the drawing, to a certain degree of personal satifaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment